3.26.2009

Tony Duquette at Baker

I was at the Laguna Design Center for Spring Market the other day where Baker was displaying their newest collection of reproduction Tony Duquette pieces.  I could not have been more excited!  Tony Duquette referred to his style as "Natural Baroque."  He was known for what most of us try to achieve today, which is mixing custom pieces with ancient and modern, and fine and decorative art.  His vision continues to live on today via Tony Duquette, Inc. which is overseen by his friend Hutton Wilkinson who began working with Tony when he was only a teenager.  
"Beauty, not luxury, is what I value." - Tony Duquette

Biomorphic Mirror and Console
The picture is from a residence in Bel Air that Tony Duquette designed circa 1960

Organic Baroque Chair
I think this is my favorite piece.

Paris Snowflake Screen
Picture is of the Cobina Wright Residence in Beverly HIlls designed by Tony Duquette in 1952

Macao Garden Seat

Marsan Chair
The picture is from Tony Duquettes display at the Louvre in 1951

Regency Pagoda Lamp
Can you even believe that these are lamps?  They are an extravagant 48" high.

See more of the selected works of Tony Duquette at Baker.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm really enjoying his work! I love the marsan chair and garden seat in particular--thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete